Silo, tank and feed bin content measuring system with Internet access
Never run out of material again – Visual warning at Reorder and Low levels, plus audible warning if you need it, to prevent loss of production and missed deliveries.
Eliminate the risk of overfilling – Blown filters and the ensuing environmental hazards are a thing of the past.
Identify and stop delivery shortages – Ability to check every delivery, even weeks ago, against the delivery ticket. As a result, you are in command of the situation.
SiloWeigh is perfect for feed bin weighing, silo or tank inventory measurement; any storage vessel in fact. Better than level measurement, SiloWeigh measures the actual weight of the vessel and contents to give a true picture of the amount on hand. Furthermore, it costs little more than a bin level sensor.
Do you have less than 6 vessels? Don’t need Internet viewing? Check our other models here.
- With the addition of an embedded PC computer in a larger (20″ x 20″) cabinet, SiloWeigh.Net becomes self-contained, with all the software installed and set up for your application, ready for “Plug-and-Play”, connection to the local network and SiloWeigh.Net’s cloud server.
- Request the optional 15″ TFT color touch-screen on the front panel, as shown. This turns it into a full-featured system with local display. It also has connection to the local network and the Internet when desired.
- SiloWeigh’s L-Strain sensors are temperature compensated; they cancel the effects of the structure’s expansion with temperature while measuring the compression due to load. Typical accuracy ±1 to 2% of full scale when all four legs are gauged.
- Mount the legs on Load Cells for higher accuracy (0.1%) (see Applications page).
- All-weather. Sensors, wiring and junction boxes meet NEMA-4, IP66 and you can set up the dust and spashproof industrial touch screen display system in a convenient indoor location.
- No moving parts for long life and reliability.
- History trend graphs for any silo/tank/vessel in the company.
- Viewable on computer, Ipad, Iphone, Android and Blackberry phones with no additional app.
- In-plant hard wired programmable alarms.
- Software alarm log at plant and company level.
- Email alerts and refill order generation.
- Combine solids silos and liquid tanks/vessels by use of our liquid level sensors.
- Because digital transmission retains full accuracy and reduces wiring, you can run a single cable to all storage vessels.
- Unlimited number of silos/vessels, groups and locations.
- The only weighing system (along with Siloweigh II Pro) that handles divided silos.
- Connect all 4 sensors separately. Diagnostic display pinpoints a bad sensor and bypasses it until a replacement can be fitted.
CABLE or RADIO transmission reduces wiring between silos and DAQ unit to a single digital connection. Due to this, it reduces installation time and preserving full accuracy. Main display can be up to 10 miles (16 km) from silos. This is perfect for feed bin weighing on large farms, tank inventory recording or blasting supplies in large mines and quarries. Digital Junction Boxes connect to all sensors at each vessel. The DAQ unit gathers digital data from all vessels, storing it for transmission to a local computer and assuring no-break operation. The associated computer acts as a web server, allowing any computer on the local area network to view the levels in all vessels or a detailed view of one vessel with a trend graph, using just a web browser.
Program the 8 to 24 optional relay alarm setpoints to light visible indicators, sound audible alarms or operate pinch-off valves to prevent overfill. Additionally, up to 8 inputs can accept alarm cancel buttons or overpressure switches to prevent filter blowout.
Yes, we do divided silos. Most companies cannot handle vessels that are divided to store two separate materials. Regardless of the position of the partition or the percentage split, SiloWeigh.Net uses all four legs signals to compute the weight in each side. It’s just as easy to install, just as easy to calibrate.
Liquid tanks and level sensing
A pressure sensor is lower cost than a set of leg sensors and it’s more accurate too. An adapter board connects four pressure sensors – four tanks – to one DJB for a further saving on tank inventory. We can also record the levels in joined silos, to complete your installation when we cannot use the legs. Don’t forget, you can add temperature measurement or moisture measurement too. They all improve your ROI.SPECIFICATIONS
SiloWeigh.Net pairs the L-Strain sensors with a computer-based display, giving capacity for 32 silos displayed as bar-graphs or a trend-graph of each individual silo. Any computer on the local network can view the silo/tank/bin inventory using a web browser. A cloud-based database displays all the company’s vessels through the Internet.
|Silo Capacity and stress:||All silo capacities can be measured. The limitation is the stress in the support structure. Acceptable stress is in the range 1500 to 15,000 lb per square inch.|
|Material type:||All types of steel, stainless steel and aluminum.|
|Number of sensors/vessels:||Up to 50 sensors or 32 vessels can be powered from each SiloWeigh.net DAQ cabinet.|
|DAQ display method:||DAQ acts as a web server to computers on local network.|
|Display accuracy and resolution:||24 bit converter, capable of display in far greater resolution than required.|
|Overall system accuracy:||Dependent on structure being measured. Typically ±2% of full scale value.|
|Connection method:||Cable or radio between vessels and DAQ or from DAQ to computer network.|
|Digital set point relays:||8 to 24 Opto-22 relays settable to any value, close on rising or falling values. 2 inputs are Audible Alarm Cancel and Master Cancel, other inputs available to create custom message.|
|Power:||110-250V AC, 50 W max or 24VDC. Solar power also available.|
|Temperature range:||Sensors: -40 to +70°C (-40 to +160°F). Display: 0-50°C (32-120°F).|
|DAQ construction and size:||ABS plastic, chemical resistant, NEMA-4X, 13`x 13`x 8`deep.|
|Local display:||Bar-graph/trend graph display from local database, showing all silos at one location.|
|Embedded PC computer:||64 GB flash drive, 2 GB RAM, software pre-loaded and configured, Windows 7 or later, embedded version, in steel 20″ x 20″ (500 mm x 500 mm) NEMA-4 enclosure.|
|Connection to local network and Internet:||Ethernet to local network or cellular modem directly to SiloWeigh.Net cloud server.|
|Touch screen built-in display:||15″ color XGA touch screen, NEMA-4 rated, in embedded computer cabinet, with replaceable plastic screen protector.|
|Local GUI:||Separate apps for setup and calibration plus browser based display of silo bar-graph, trend graphs and DAQ parameters.|
|Internet display:||Bar-graph/trend graph silo, tank or bin inventory display from central database, includes all vessels at all locations (32 max).|
|Internet alerts:||Programmable Email and SMS text alerts on chosen alarms.|